Sunday, December 7, 2014

Holiday Festive Look!

The holidays are upon us and of course you want to look festive and gorgeous! I thought this was a neat look and fun and flirty and festive! It's simple to achieve and the end result is so pretty. I hope you like it and feel free to substitute any products used and of course take it and make it your own. Happy Holidays!

1. Of course you want to start by prepping your face. Make sure you have a clean surface to work with. If your a dry skin girl like me definitely don't forget the moisturizer :) Also prime your lips for a decadent rich red color we'll be doing at the end. I used Burt's Bees lip balm. Anyone will do, I also love Softlips cube for this step as well.

2. I started with my eyelids just incase of any fallout. I used MAC Pro longwear Concealer in NW20 and just patted onto my eyelid to prime my eyes and get rid of any lid discloration and to make my shadows last longer.
3. After priming I applied my crease color from the NAKED Basics 1 palette. I used W.O.S. actually I applied it all over my eyelid too.

4. I then used the Wet & Wild trio in Knock on wood. I used the Brow bone color (top shade) on the top part of my eyelid and crease.
5. Using the same trio I used the eyelid shade (bottom color) and applied it to the outer corner and up into my crease and in the inner eyelid, leaving the center of the eyelid blank.
6. I wanted to deepen up the outer eye so I went in with the Lorac Pro palette in the shade, Garnet. I also took this color up into my crease and into the inner corner as well.

7.For the center of the eyelid I used an Estee LauderPure Color Stay-On Shadow Paint in the color 08Steel. I put a generous amount on my fingertip and dabbed it directly in the center.
 8.Then I lined my eyes with Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner. I did do a slight wing. I also used the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes and applied mascara to my upper eyelashes after I curled them. I applied the Ardell Lashes in 102 Demi's for a more added dramatic effect. It gives the extra OOMPH I wanted for this look. I also used DUO lash adhesive  in dark tone.
9.Now with my face. I used my Estee Lauder Illuminating Primer first then I used the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Foundation. If you have a long day/night ahead of you and you don't want to do a lot of touch-ups this foundation is awesome for that. It stays put and lasts beautifully all day. I blended this in using the Real Techniques Beauty Sponge. It's an awesome dupe for the Beauty Blender and like 1/3 of the cost.
I then moved on to apply my concealer. I used the MAC Pro longwear concealer in NW20. I applied it by putting it in a triangle under my eye and dabbed in using the Real Technique sponge and made sure to blend upward to hide any dark circles and also perk up the face with a highlight. Don't foget to set under eyes with a powder if you need to. I used the Tarte Smooth Operator.

11. After my foundation and concealer I Highlighted down the center of my nose, my forehead center, under my eyes, the cupid's bow of my lips, and the sides of my nose and mouth area. Blend it out and move on to contouring.

For my contour I used the NARS Laguna and applied in the hollows of my cheekbones, down the sides of my nose,around my forehead/hairline and jawline. Blend til it all looks perfect! 
For blush I used the Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Audacious Plum.I just applied on my cheekbones and blended upward.

12.For my brows I used the Anastasia Brow wiz and filled them in like I normally would. Gives a little more definition and frames your face.

13. Now to finish off my eyes...I decided to go use a festive green color on my bottom lash line. I used the Wet & Wild trio in Cool as A Cucumber and used the bottom green color. Then on top of that I used the NYX eye pencil in Green Papaya. For an under brow color I used MAC shadow in Shroom. I also applied Lancome Definicils mascara in black to the bottom lashes.
Now for the finale!! I decided to go with a festive red lip! I Lined my lips using Urban Decay 24/7 lipliner in Venom all over my lips. On top of the liner I applied Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Hellbent.
*For finishing touches and this is totally optional..I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous light on the tops of my cheek bones and after I set my face with the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray. Also to brighten up the inner rim of my eyes and make the green really pop I lined the inner bottom rim of my eyes with the Urban decay eye pencil in Naked Basics, the lighter shade of the duo.

This is the finished look! I hope you enjoy it and make it your own. Have fun with it! Happy Holidays from me to you!
Don't forget after a long day/night of celebrating, wash your makeup off and pamper yourself with a good skincare regimen. Use a Clarisonic to get a deep clean. Your eye cream, face serum, and moisturizer will all work so much better! Not tomention your skin will thank you by looking it's best!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home